Writing Sample for Pilot Media Solutions
Native advertising is a form of paid media that is frequently adopted by content marketers and advertisers all over the world. By definition, it is any paid content that is “in-feed” and inherently non-disruptive. This content includes promoted posts on Facebook, suggested videos on YouTube, and editorial-based content recommendations from The Virginian-Pilot, Inside Business, AltDaily.com, or other websites.
Advertisers are turning to native advertising because studies show it is more efficient at building trust and engagement with prospective customers over traditional display ads.
While many brands counted on traditional display ads in the past, they’ve come to realize that native ads or sponsored content garner much higher Click Through Rates (CTR). In fact, reading a native ad headline yield 308x more time of consumer attention than processing an image and banner.
Once a user engages with your native ad experience, you can retarget them with relevant display ads that have a much better chance at effectiveness.
Form Meets Function
na·tive ad·ver·tis·ing [noun] a form of paid media where the ad experience follows the natural form and function of the user experience in which it is placed.
Form: Native ads match the visual design of the experience they live within, and look and feel like natural content.
Function: Native ads must behave consistently with the native user experience and function just like natural content.
How does it work? Easy as 1…2…3…
- Choose a topic (or let us help) that is related to your brand.
- One of our Content Marketing Strategists will write an article, or you can send in your own. We will make sure it aligns with your campaign goals and will create content that educates the public and associates your brand with credible information.
- The article is published on any one of our publisher sites, along with display ads that support the content and provide additional resources for the reader.
Data Supporting Growth of Native in 2017 (These numbers don’t lie)
- 47% adults 22 to 45 years old are watching absolutely no content on traditional TV platforms. Study by Omnicom’s Hearts & Science. – AdAge (October 6)
- When engaging with content accompanied by companion display ads, users demonstrated 17% more purchase intent. – Marketing Land (August 18)
- Norwegian division of MediaCom recently reported that its revenues increased by 23% due partly to the production and distribution of commercial content such as native advertising. Native Advertising Institute (August 11)
- [On a survey of agencies, what one thing should brands do this Christmas] 42.9% of respondents named branded content as the preferred technique, followed with 28.6% saying Influencer campaigns. –The Drum (August 11)
- A Nativo Score study explored the pairing of native ads pair with on-site branded content. The results, the pairing drives an increase in unaided awareness 11%, online ad recall 18% and purchase intent 13%. – MediaPost (August 4)
- Time Inc study reveals 2/3 of consumers trust branded content more than traditional advertising. – MediaPost (June 30)
- The same study concluded that 92% believe brands have expertise on topics and add value to content.
- 89% believe custom content is a great way for brands to break through the clutter.
- 88% of consumers indicate that custom content feels like a good way for brands they haven’t heard of to reach them.
- 90% of those polled like the idea of custom content as a way for brands to engage them.
- 84% agreeing that custom content is a way for brands to engage them, and 72% wanting video and infographics to better explore a story or data.
- Gen Z-> 93% saying they want to see brands do something new, unique, or creative to get their attention.
- Branded content on YouTube sees 85% increase in viewership. I.e. brands are getting better at creating content.
– Mark Fidelman, Twitter (June 9)
- 1/3 of millennials have purchased from a brand after seeing a sponsored post. – Business Insider (May 22)
- MindEdge’s recent study shows that 61% of millennials recognize that terms like “promoted” and “sponsored” refer to native ads. – MindEdge, Twitter (May 11)
- 100 publishers globally will collectively generate $3 billion in branded content digital revenue in 2017. – MediaPost (April 19)
- Facebook makes up 84.2% of all US Native Display. – eMarketer (March 21)
- From July 2016, the number of brands doing both native video and display grew nearly 3x by the end of 2016. The average split for marketers is 80% standard native and 20% native video –MediaPost (February 8, 2017)
- Nearly half (48%) of all newspapers carry some form of native advertising and another 39% will likely add it in the future. “Native advertising’s share of overall advertising revenue at many of the world’s leading newspapers is expected to increase to 25% by 2018” – WARC (October 31, 2016)